Crash Victim



Woe on us who rely too much on computer technology!

The last couple of days was a nightmare, as I tried to salvage the un-backed up files (all the photos! the memories! the agony of the prospect of not being able to see them again!) from a corrupt hard disk.  I can't work, I can't eat, I can't think of anything but trying to get my computer to boot up so I can weasel my files outta that darn hard drive.

We've all been there -- full flash and external hard drives just suddenly going kaput and whole computers just refusing to boot up or worse -- they just suddenly don't switch on.

That's one of the drawbacks of the digital age, obviously.  Because computers have made our lives so easy and convenient, we have become very dependent on them.  Unfortunately, we sometimes have to deal with having all our hard work go out in a puff of electrical smoke.

Bookmark Digg Bookmark Del.icio.us Bookmark Facebook Bookmark Reddit Bookmark StumbleUpon Bookmark Yahoo Bookmark Google Bookmark Technorati Bookmark Twitter

2 Comments:

Aiza said...

aw. im so sorry about your loss. :( i know how it feels like to lose a bunch of really good pictures. kailangan talagang may back up.

May 12, 2011 at 7:17 PM
Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that! I know the feeling as that's happened to me before. Now i make it a point to back up my files into an external hard drive at least once a month!

May 13, 2011 at 4:17 AM
Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...