The Shift


After undergoing my own version of a paradigm shift, I have realised that I suddenly didn't possess the same inclinations I used to have before the events.


If I used to think this site is a projection of my shallow thoughts and interests, that view had become magnified at least tenfold. I had attempted to write about new stuff, but they all came out forced and I became irritated with the whole process. I've actually considered just giving up many times.

Frustrated Sosyalera is a lifestyle site. A place where you could find out about stuff a lot of people would see as "superficial" such as fashion, makeup, beauty tips, what or where to eat and what to do when you're bored.

I don't do much of those things anymore, though. Most of the time now I just work at home, watch a few movies, hang out with friends and read books.

Yes, read books. I'm such a nerd.

If I'm not reading books, I"m lost in thought a lot. Philosophising my way to enlightenment, who knows? I sometimes drive myself crazy. These aren't the kind of things a "sosyalera" would do! So it would seem that I had tons of things to write about, but I don't exactly think this site was the right avenue for them.

As the next logical step, therefore, I tried creating new blogs for my new world, but I couldn't make them work. They strangely seem too detached for me.

And then it hit me -- this is happening to me simply because I had undergone some drastic changes in myself, but that I'm essentially still the same person I had always been. To really move forward, you will have to accept that things from your past, no matter how awful they may have been or how difficult to relate with they have become, are a part of you and they will always be a part of you.

So I've made a decision.

This blog is changing with me. The title may not fit anymore, but it's still me.





I looked out through this window and I saw possibilities.


Bookmark Digg Bookmark Del.icio.us Bookmark Facebook Bookmark Reddit Bookmark StumbleUpon Bookmark Yahoo Bookmark Google Bookmark Technorati Bookmark Twitter

6 Comments:

TJ said...

Nice post. And your blog changing with you, hell, there's nothing wrong with it as far as I'm concerned. What you write about reflects your everyday thoughts. You need not force to write things just to suit your blog. IMO, your blog needs to suit you.

Mine used to be a political slash personal rant blog, but look at it now. It has become something more than I originally intended it to be.

Cheers and more power to this blog. I'll keep on reading.

November 27, 2010 at 6:12 PM
elmie said...

that makes so much sense, TJ. Thanks! we really can't resist evolution, huh? hehehe

November 27, 2010 at 11:27 PM

salbehe said...

Honga, namiss ko ang updates mo. Sana nga magbalik ka na sa blogging. Kahit anong topic pa yan I'm sure babasahin pa din yan ng fans mo. :)

November 30, 2010 at 8:59 AM
elmie said...

na-touch naman ako dun, salve! thanks ha. ^_^

November 30, 2010 at 9:40 AM

Judd said...

I know that window!

Malapit 'yan sa kubeta! :)

December 3, 2010 at 2:10 AM
elmie said...

judd, anong malapit sa kubeta -- dun mismo sa kubeta! hahahaha!

December 3, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...