Cutting edge



I woke up this morning feeling inspired -- not so good when you're running late, though.

My hair has gotten ridiculously long because:


  1. I am scared the stylist will ruin my hair. I have had enough run-ins, believe me.
  2. I don't have time.
  3. I am LAZY.

My last visit to the salon for a trim was...

*drumroll*

... April.


Wouldjabelievedat?!



However, I am due for a fringe/ bangs trim. It has gotten quite ugly.





Long fringe is loooooong.


There's this service at a certain salon near my place where you could ask for a "bangs retouch" for about P160. Tried it last August, but I wasn't all that impressed. The stylist just literally trimmed my bangs and that's it. No shampoo, no coffee/tea, nothing! So I told myself never to do that again.

But now that I'm due for another one and couldn't be bothered to make an appointment, I decided to do it myself (taking my cue from BearBear -- thanks for the idea!). Of course, I can't cut the whole of my hair like she did (oh the horror), but thought I'd start with my fringe first. Baby steps, people. Baby steps.


Here's how I managed trimming the fringe:


  1. Tied my hair back, leaving just the fringe hanging. One thing I've read when doing this is to dry-cut the fringe. Hair is longer when wet, they say.
  2. Comb fringe straight.
  3. Twirl it about 3 times then cut hair with the scissors sticking up straight (I don't feel like having a severely straight across fringe, that's why).
  4. Check-check. Re-do above when necessary. Be wary of cutting it too short, though.
  5. Comb fringe straight. Trim the strays.



And voila!





Ok, ok.
I could've done better, but it's a start. Heh.







I think it looks much better with my hair down -- it doesn't look obvious that it so amateur-ish. Hehe!





Kindly witness the massacre that had ensued.

RIP, dearies.





'Allo new fringe! We shall do this again next month, y'hear? XD




Bookmark Digg Bookmark Del.icio.us Bookmark Facebook Bookmark Reddit Bookmark StumbleUpon Bookmark Yahoo Bookmark Google Bookmark Technorati Bookmark Twitter

2 Comments:

Kiko said...

it does look better with your hair down. And it seems you are still in your honeymoon stage with your new camera! :)

October 30, 2008 at 5:44 PM
elmie said...

@ kiko

of course! It's new, so why not use it. hahaha

October 30, 2008 at 7:42 PM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...