It's the first day of July, meaning that we're about halfway into the year -- which makes me wonder how I've managed so far. I drafted a list of goals during the New Year, so maybe I'll revisit that first.
I've certainly ticked off most of the things on my list, which makes me feel quite good.
Addressing my fear of heights, advocacy and swimming still look like they're going to take a while. But I do have a bit more courage than I used to. The magic place, I've still yet to find -- I've only been back for 3 weeks, though.
There are also quite a few things that I believe really made for an eventful first half of 2011 --
- Flying off to the UK for almost 3 months
- Traveling all over Scotland for a week
- A 22-hour drive to and from the Franco-German border
- A funeral I won't ever forget
- Re-discovering myself and what really matters to me
After all of that, I feel like I've matured 5 more years! I just hope it doesn't show on my face. Tsk. With a first 6 months as hectic as this, I wonder what the rest of this holi-year has in store for me?