Typhoon Ondoy's damage



Yesterday, I had meant to go home to my parent's house in Marikina. But the weather was so bad because Typhoon Ondoy was chucking it down since Friday afternoon and thought that the areas I would have to pass would've been flooded by then. So I changed my mind, because I was too lazy to deal with traffic, getting soaked and wading through floodwaters.






This was the extent of my experience yesterday.

Little did I know just how lucky I was, because everywhere else in the city was like this --










You'd think this wasn't in a subdivision in QC, but a river.




Some think there's no point worrying, so might as well drink Red Horse Beer. Tsk.




Loads of cars got submerged, as well as whole houses.





This video sent chills up my spine, as that was supposed to be a 19-seater van!

If you have Facebook, this video is a lot worse.


I count myself as one of the very lucky people who did not get too affected from yesterday's floods... lazyness really saved my ass. It does make me feel a bit guilty, though, because many of my friends would need a lot of help in the next few days.

I texted my family and was relieved that our house is fine. Unfortunately, I could not get hold of them today and wonder if they are okay. =(



UPDATE: If you are interested in helping, please send your donations through the Philippine Red Cross.





Bookmark Digg Bookmark Del.icio.us Bookmark Facebook Bookmark Reddit Bookmark StumbleUpon Bookmark Yahoo Bookmark Google Bookmark Technorati Bookmark Twitter

9 Comments:

Conrad said...

it's so sad to see all the flooding. left comments via fb to my cousin, house had about a foot and a half of water flooded there, but subsided early in the morning, that was yesterday. tried calling to the in-laws and all, but keep on getting bz signals and not able to connect via globe :(. hope they're alright as well as my side of the family.

September 27, 2009 at 12:41 PM
elmie said...

joy's house in makati was flooded in, so i'm hoping she's ok. i couldn't get in touch with my family in marikina today, but by mom texted me last night to say that they weren't flooded in. I think the cell sites are down and there's no electricity. =( Saw Vista Verde on television, it was totally flooded so I also hope Karisha's family are ok.

September 27, 2009 at 1:42 PM

TLK KNS said...

oh wow, that's some serious flooding!

September 28, 2009 at 1:02 AM
conrad said...

any idea on which subdivision were affected? we were calling since 3am earlier. found out that pldt and globe were cut due to emergency response only. hope your family is ok. hope my tita is ok at marikina. :-S

September 28, 2009 at 2:37 AM
jana said...

elmie....have you heard from ajoiz? i couldn't sleep because the last time i called them the water was so high that only 3 steps is left before our mezzanine. please check on them....thanks!

September 28, 2009 at 12:50 PM
elmie said...

Jana!! Ok na sa hse nyo, wala nang flood pero hanggang ankles daw ang putik. =S I'll text her to let her know to contact you asap.

September 28, 2009 at 1:16 PM

elmie said...

conrad, the cainta area was badly affected along marcos hi-way. i'm not sure if vista verde is okay na, pero at joyce's house the water has gone down (left a lot of mud, though). we don't know how cathy is na, we hadn't heard from her since saturday, we're really worried! mostly in the are around sta lucia is okay na, pero not sure sa loob ng mga subdivisions. =(

September 28, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Jessica said...

Grabe noh, Emz. It was the worst I've seen so far. Although we were lucky 'cos we live in condos, but the others? My god, look at what they had to endure those days. I hope the death toll would stop increasing. It's really saddening!

P.S. Natawa ko sa nagiinuman. Hahaha.

September 29, 2009 at 5:22 PM
Frances said...

Is that photo you took of EDSA/Boni/Pioneer from the window of your home or office? It's the same view I see from my living room =D We're neighbors!

October 1, 2009 at 12:22 PM
Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...