FS Picks of the Week, Sep 14-20



I'm frustrated (a little more than usual) because there's a chance I won't be able to go on that much-looked-forward to trip to the US next month -- it's a long story. Not all hope is lost, though... maybe.


I've also just learned last night that a cousin of mine was stabbed to death a couple of months ago and nobody's bothered to tell me. He was a dead-beat (pardon the pun), but nobody in the family would have wanted that to happen to him, so it's very sad. It's also creepy because my sisters and I have just seen him just a few days before he went missing (and we rarely go home to the province). His last words to us:

"Where's my money?"




I've digressed.



Anyway, new movies out this week -- not sure how good they are. I've put In My Life on my list because my mum's a big Vilma Santos fan. Hehe!






Crossing Over

Starring: Harrison Ford, Ashley Judd, Ray Liotta
Synopsis: Two agents tasked with dealing with immigration cases in Los Angeles deal with people of various ethnicities, getting involved in their struggles in finding a way to stay in America and have a better life.






Whiteout

Starring: Kate Beckinsale
Synopsis: In a remote research station in Antarctica, a lone U.S. is tasked with finding the culprit in a grisly murder. But she must do so in three days, before the sun sets on Antarctica for six entire months, leaving everything frozen in its wake.






In My Life

Starring: Vilma Santos, Luis Manzano & John Lloyd Cruz
Synopsis: An aging librarian, feeling abandoned by her children who've all moved abroad, travels to New York to spend time with her gay son. There, she tries to start a new life while reconnecting with her son and his new lover. But just as things turn around, she finds out that her son has been keeping a secret from her.






As 1 Martin Nievera & Gary Valenciano
19 September
8pm
Mall of Asia Open Grounds

Ticket prices between Php312 to Php6,240 (via Ticketworld).



Bookmark Digg Bookmark Del.icio.us Bookmark Facebook Bookmark Reddit Bookmark StumbleUpon Bookmark Yahoo Bookmark Google Bookmark Technorati Bookmark Twitter

6 Comments:

Jessica said...

I don't understand why some people have the balls to kill, let alone in such a heartless manner. I hope you're okay, though. I know, that's silly. Who would be okay after knowing your cousin was stabbed to death. I apologize.

September 15, 2009 at 5:45 PM
elmie said...

oh don't worry, it's okay. thanks jessica! :)

September 15, 2009 at 6:18 PM

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

oh emz. what happened to your cousin is awful! i hope they find out who did it and that they will get the death penalty. the person responsible was just soooo heartless. ugh.i'm disgusted.

September 15, 2009 at 9:13 PM
elmie said...

thanks, mel. yeah, i thought things like that only happen to other people. of course that's dumb, but you never really know it's possible until it happens to one of your own.

September 15, 2009 at 11:26 PM

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

sad to hear about your cousin! I have been waiting for the vilma santos movie also. it's finally showing today right?

September 16, 2009 at 9:38 AM
Jessica said...

Oh one more thing. In my life looks interesting. Usually, I just wait for Filipino movies to come out on DVDS, but this one, I might actually go see it in the cinema. Haha

September 16, 2009 at 9:40 AM
Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...