Independent Woman Week



So how did my week as an independent woman go?


Not bad, actually. It was quite refreshing, if I don't factor in work issues.

As there was nobody to meet after work or during the weekend (not only is the bf away, but so are both my sisters), I had been using my free time with leisure. It's nice not having to rush to anywhere for once. So I've sort of spent the weekend with my dad -- which is not so bad, as long as he's sober.

I've been cooking lazy pasta all week too. I've bought a packet of pasta and a small jar of sun-dried tomato pesto -- a meal in 20mins with minimum effort -- and that has been my staple diet of late when at home. There's no point in cooking a fancy meal for one, that's for sure.

And since the bf is not here to drive Miss Daisy (that would be me), I have had to take public transport -- namely the MRT, FX taxi and cabs -- to my parents' house and back.

Now that I didn't have to do it everyday, taking the train actually made me feel good. If only the aircon wasn't busted. It was burning inside at midday, I'm telling yah. I was soooo dripping in sweat, it was gross.


I'm now ready for my holiday proper! Will be flying out to Guam tomorrow, so gotta pack. Ciao ciao!



Bookmark Digg Bookmark Del.icio.us Bookmark Facebook Bookmark Reddit Bookmark StumbleUpon Bookmark Yahoo Bookmark Google Bookmark Technorati Bookmark Twitter

4 Comments:

Jerine said...

gonna miss you. will you send me a postcard :(

April 5, 2009 at 11:39 PM
elmie said...

awww, i'll still be around! hee!

April 6, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Pretsel Maker said...

Get Back Soon.....

April 6, 2009 at 3:30 PM
Judd said...

"Lilipad! Lilipad! TA-KU-RE!"

- Takure, Time Quest

April 7, 2009 at 10:07 AM
Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...