Bit much?



Ever feel like you've taken on too much? I'm sure it's pretty common.





I've been feeling it more and more recently and it's irritating because all the stress is actually taking its toll on my teeth.

Yes, my teeth.


I woke up to the sensation of chipping my tooth other day because my jaw had clenched so hard and I was unconsciously grinding my teeth in my sleep.

My teeth aren't perfect to begin with -- they are crooked as hell, but chipping them makes things worse. I've damaged two already and I fear it might happen again.

I'm planning to see the dentist really soon about this. However, The BF thinks I'll only get a mouth-guard for my trouble.

I need to get rid of the stress I'm feeling to avoid more damaged teeth, but it's not that easy at the moment.

What to do now???




Bookmark Digg Bookmark Del.icio.us Bookmark Facebook Bookmark Reddit Bookmark StumbleUpon Bookmark Yahoo Bookmark Google Bookmark Technorati Bookmark Twitter

5 Comments:

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Hey sweetie. what seems to be stressing you out? I had one of those days before only it was taking it's toll on my hair. I'd have tons of falling hair everytime I was stressed out and I feared of becoming bald! oh no! anyhow, maybe you need to go out for a massage or maybe take a few days off...hope you'll be stress free soon. take care always.

August 27, 2009 at 9:27 PM
analou said...

My hubby also has that problem and his dentist recommended to use mouth guard. It really helps a lot. About your stress, try talking it out what's bothering in your mind to somebody you trust. It will help a lot.

August 28, 2009 at 12:58 AM
Unknown said...

that was me this past week! take a moment to breathe girl! :)

August 28, 2009 at 10:32 AM
zorlone said...

Emz,

I do hope that you are feeling better now. We sometimes hit a brick wall and there isn't anything we can do about it. That sucks!!!

So, what to do? Start kickboxing? Play the boxing on Wii (that works for me) or just write it down, blog about it, or even a poem.

Anything to help you let out that stress may help. Just be careful with what you say, we can't retract hurtful words, I know, it's probably difficult, but you can do it.

Z

August 28, 2009 at 12:10 PM
Dianne said...

I used to be a teeth grinder too.. so I know exactly what you're going through :( When the dentist wanted A LOT of money for a mouth guard and we couldn't afford it, my husband went to the sports store and bought me a hockey mouth guard .. it worked great :)) Just thought I'd share that to maybe save you a few bucks too!

August 28, 2009 at 9:38 PM
Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...