Dreamcatching

.
.
.



All people dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make them possible.
-- T.E. Lawrence of Arabia




I never intended to be a writer.

However, throughout the course of my life so far, I always manage to end up in a place where writing was necessary but usually for free -- practically labours of love. I had grown to love expressing myself through words and just to be able to do that for a living is my dream.

I'm not there yet, but the journey is everything I expect it to be.




Dreaming while awake is what I've been doing and taking baby steps towards my ultimate goal.


It would, therefore, come as no surprise that I would try my hand at becoming a StarTV blogger. This sounds resume-ish, I have to say that I'm fit to do it because I'm creative, always up for something different -- and this job sounds like it might be a hoot! Don’t get me wrong with that last phrase, though, because I take my work very seriously (but still try to inject a little fun here and there).

If the HP Space contestants get their chance to achieve their dreams, then this opportunity is for me to achieve mine. This kind of mutual understanding is what I believe would make this role doubly special for me and just to be considered for it will be enough for me to throw a party!

If that happens, it will, of course, be blogged about.




Bookmark Digg Bookmark Del.icio.us Bookmark Facebook Bookmark Reddit Bookmark StumbleUpon Bookmark Yahoo Bookmark Google Bookmark Technorati Bookmark Twitter

7 Comments:

J said...

Mikee! May isa (baka dalawa) pa, we'll announce them within the week, today at the earliest. This one's big! Goodluck!

August 24, 2009 at 6:39 AM
elmot l PinoySoundingBoard said...

Wow! Congrats, quite excited on your new endeavor...keep us posted...

August 24, 2009 at 11:39 AM
elmie said...

J:
kelangan anonymous??? hahaha! thanks!

elmot:
wala pa nga eh. hahaha! pero post it, i shall (if ever, whatever,hoo-yeah!) hhahaha

August 24, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Jerine said...

I love your first photo. It's so pretty....

August 24, 2009 at 6:24 PM
ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Follow your dreams sweetie. "When your ambitions are higher than the mountains, your commitment is deeper than the sea, surely your future will be brighter than the sun."

August 24, 2009 at 9:09 PM
zuveena said...

dreaming is free as long as you dream, believe and survive you are undeniably a starstruck hahahahaha!!! just kidding...but kidding aside everything is possible so long you believe with conviction and with heart it will always come true no matter what and when...trust me it will...like you i am a big disgust dreamer as well whew!!! hahahaa...

August 24, 2009 at 11:50 PM
elmie said...

awww, thanks jerine! ^_^

mel:
that is soooo nice and does have a ring of truth in it. ^_^

zuveena:
free is good for me at the moment! hahaha!

August 25, 2009 at 2:33 AM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...