Styling my way to bankruptcy



After declaring my
stylistic ambition, I’m proud to say that I have definitely been putting in the effort. I’ve read through a couple of books, gone through new and old magazine I had lying around and had been ogling over endless pages of fashion websites. Doing all that made me realise one thing –

Achieving style is difficult and EXPENSIVE.


That leaves me in a pickle, because there isn’t much room in my budget to factor in clothes, accessories, beauty products/tools and makeup. This makes the mission doubly hard, because not only am I striving to be creative about how I look, but I also need to get creative about how to afford these new luxuries.

Suggestions, anyone?





The BF gave me The Lucky Shopping Manual last Christmas, and I have to say it's a book for life especially for the fashion clueless (you have to at least know your overall shape, but I don't think that would be a problem with women). This is an excellent book, but with the way my cash is going recently, I think it would take me the rest of my life to have everything that's listed in here.

Will it still be relevant when I'm 75???



Bookmark Digg Bookmark Del.icio.us Bookmark Facebook Bookmark Reddit Bookmark StumbleUpon Bookmark Yahoo Bookmark Google Bookmark Technorati Bookmark Twitter

2 Comments:

Jerine said...

Style comes from inside. If you have no style, that's it. Even a $20000 dress won't make any difference from $20.

On the other hand, fashion is expensive. And it's forever changing.

Stick to one style - classic or bohemian or denim or sporty or whatever - and you'll never go out of trend.

by the way, if you can find this book: Things a Woman Should Know About Style by Karen Homer, get it! It's essential and you could save a million bucks on fashion by sticking to the advice.

August 19, 2009 at 11:19 AM
elmie said...

i have a style -- jeans, t-shirts and flip flops. hahaha! but i'm soooo bored with it now, so i'm making the effort.

for a minute there, i thought i had no style -- got scared shitless!

i will look out for that book, though. thank you soooo much, jerine! ^_^

August 19, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...